Friday 31 October 2014

Word of the Week - Friends

Posted by Rosie


The Reading Residence

friend

frɛnd/

noun - a person with whom one has a bond of mutual affection, typically one exclusive of sexual or family relations. 
 
 
This last week has definitely been a week of catching up with friends and is one of the things I love about our trips back to the UK.  My Mum lives on Exmoor but I had already left home when she and Dad moved so I have never lived there, yet I have many friends in the area .... thanks to the Internet.  People who I have met via the Downsizer forum and Facebook and who became friends after staying in the gite, all live relatively close to Mum and the boys and I got to meet up with loads of them whilst we were there.  We gossiped, we visited places together and we ate cake and crumble and cake and maybe even a lot more cake (boy is my waistline suffering now!).  
 
Friends!
 
Sorry for those of you who I didn't manage to meet up with this time.  I will do my best to fit you in next visit. (Nicky - I was thinking maybe a visit to Killington or Rosemoor Gardens when I am next over?!).

Oh and today I am off to meet another friend who I met through Facebook.  She owns Lou Messugo, a gite in Provence and is up visiting Normandy, so we are meeting up for the first time this morning.

How did you meet some of your friends?  Was it through school or work, do you live in the same place or did the Internet play a part?  Do let us know in a comment.
 

4 comments :

  1. I can't believe that we chose the same #WotW! But what a lovely time you had catching up with your internet friends and isn't that an indication of how our lives and interests link together? Fascinating piece!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a lovely week! Friends can't be beaten, but then throw in cake and crumble and it's a fabulous week! I have friends from school, work, blogging and parenting - all lovely :) Thanks for sharing with #WotW x

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.