Thursday 8 July 2010

Posted by Simon

I have, today, started work on the exterior of gite, whilst others carried on in the gite. The electrician doing the final lights and sockets, a carpenter friend helping with steps and other timber work and also a neighbour who put in the replacement wood burner and finished the fireplace.

Now I think I had the hottest job - outside and with chainsaw trousers on as I was cutting through the sleepers but putting the fireplace came a close second - I doubt if there were many people lighting wood burners today in 30 plus degrees of heat. I gave up this afternoon doing the landscaping and helped inside. There was a noticeable decrease in speed as the day got hotter.

And all these goings on where under the watchful eye of one of the kittens - nice life for some?

No comments :

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.