Friday 11 September 2015

10 Brilliant Blackberry Recipes


The blackberries around Eco-Gites of Lenault are absolutely fabulous this year - I have never seen so many or so large and they taste fabulous.  I am picking loads and whilst I love them stewed with apple on top of my breakfast porridge and have come up with a Blackberry and Apple Cake recipe I have been searching for more inspiration. Below you'll find the 10 best blackberry recipes I have come across from fellow bloggers.  Read, enjoy and then head out and pick some blackberries!

10 Brilliant Blackberry Recipes


1.  Individual Baked Blackberry Cheesecakes from Caroline at My Family Ties.  Perfect for a summer party.

Image with permission from My Family Ties

2.  Self Saucing Blackberry and Apple Pudding from Sarah James writing at Tales from the Kitchen Shed, a fabulous warm pudding for when the nights draw in.

Image with permission from Tales from the Kitchen Shed

3.  Blackberry Breakfast Pops from Elizabeth blogging at Elizabeth's Kitchen Diary up in Shetland.

Image with permission from Elizabeth's Kitchen Diary

4.  Blackberry Lollipops are sure to be a big hit with children (and possibly quite a few adults too!) and are brought to you from Jane Sarchet at Hedgecomers.

Image with permission from Hedgecomers

5.  Blackberry and Apple Crumble is a favourite of mine and this is a fabulous recipe I reckon you'll make time and time again from Julie at Julie's Family Kitchen.

Image with permission from Julie's Family Kitchen

6.  Blackberry, Elderberry and Damson Jelly is such a treat on hot toast at any time and this recipe is from Ness at JibberJabberUK.

Image with permission from JibberJabberUK

7.  Blackberry Liqueur is another great way to preserve blackberries and this recipe comes from Nicky who blogs at Colour it Green.

Image with permission from Colour it Green

Not all blackberry recipes have to be sweet.  Here are some savoury examples I love:

8.  Blackberry Garlic and Bay Vinegar will bring a really interesting zing to your salad dressings but can also be used as a glaze and with the pulled pork recipe below, both from Ema and Peter at De Tour Coeur Limousin:

Image with permission from De Tout Coeur Limousin

9.  Blackberry Pulled Pork  - blackberries go well with pork so don't just save them for dessert.

Image with permission from De Tout Coeur Limousin

10.  Grilled Chicken and Goat Cheese Salad with Blackberry Vinagraitte is anther lovely savoury recipe using blackberries from Danae Halliday at Reciperunner.  It's healthy too!
 
Image with permission from Reciperunner

I hope I have given you at least one recipe, here, to tickle your taste buds.  I have tried 6 of them or at least very close variants but I want to try all of them now.  I suppose I'd better get my basket out and go and pick some more blackberries then ...

Do you have a favourite blackberry recipe or any unusual twists on the ones given?  Please do let us know in a comment.



From Eco-Gites of Lenault

17 comments :

  1. I love blackberries, a good year for them in Brittany too. Thanks for including my self saucing pudding Rosie, I'm sure I'll be trying out the rest of the recipes in your collection soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm aiming to make the self-saucing pudding tonight.

      Delete
  2. Great round up - still have a few left to try these out. Lots of elderberries in the freezer too. Any elderberry ideas?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. ELderberries are in the jelly recipe for jelly from Ness at JibberJabberUK. If not google Pontack Sauce as that uses elderberries.

      Delete
  3. I must now try to pick some more blackberries before they all go. Some great recipes to try out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - we are planning to have the self saucing pudding tonight but I need to get out and pick more blackberries first!

      Delete
  4. Theoretically I love blackberries and you've put together soe yummy sounding recipes here, but I got put off a couple of years ago when I picked a whole load but didn't have time to do anything with them that evening so popped them in the fridge overnight. The next morning them were a heaving, writhing mess of maggots and i just thought "thank god I didn't make them into maggot jam the night before". Urgh. I shudder even now at the memory. It really has put me off which is annoying as there are plenty in our lane this year too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no - apparently the odd maggot is not a problem but it does sound like you had a bad infestation there. Maybe they are worse down south. You could always substitute raspberries in many of these recipes and you could probably buy them frozen and so maggot free.

      Delete
  5. ooh looks like a lot of fab recipes. i like the idea of blackberry liqueur and the vinegar.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have made liqueurs using both raspberries and strawberries but never blackberries - with the amount around this year I might make some for Christmas presents. Raspberry vinegar as fab also.

      Delete
  6. Oh they all look really good, I wish I had enough berries to try them all but I left it a bit late this year and I've only got one box tucked away in the freezer to liven up the deep midwinter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our local farm shop used to sell frozen blackberries that you bagged up yourself and if you have raspberries you could use these in many of the recipes.

      Delete
  7. You've officially made me very hungry after reading that. I'd have never thought of blackberries with pulled pork! It's making me think of my mum's gorgeous blackberry crumble now after a huge Sunday roast.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry! I have not tried the pulled pork recipe yet but plan to. I made the self-saucing pudding yesterday and it was fabulous.

      Delete
  8. Well that's got me feeling fanciful! I'm sitting here with a rumbly tummy hankering for something fruity :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean - we had the self-saucing pudding at the weekend and it was gorgeous.

      Delete
  9. HI Rosie,
    These are brilliant Blackberry recipes. WHich one do I like best - that a hard one to answer but I really like the lollipop - what a great treat for kids and adults that is healthy and I can only imagine how tasty. Visiting from #WasteLessWednesday blog hop. Tweeting and pinning. Have a healthy, happy & blessed day!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.