Tuesday 23 April 2013

Maybe I'm Oversdosing on MasterChef?

Home Made Ravioli

On my list of foods I've always wanted to make is home made ravioli and having seen a few contestants cook it on MasterChef I thought it was well overdue that I gave it a go.  The boys have only had school ravioli and were a bit hesitant to try the real stuff.

So this afternoon I set out to make Ravioli Con Ripieno di Ricotta (Ravioli stuffed with ricotta cheese). Out came the pasta making machine and off I went.  I made the pasta and stuffing and then made it into Ravioli - size consistency was rather lacking but other than that not too bad for first attempt.  Left it to dry for a while (especially as I had to take Tom to Athletics) before cooking it in a home made duck stock with a home made tomato pasta sauce.  And even better not one split open.

And the verdict - yummy.  Pasta needed a little more cooking, but the main complaint was there was not enough - need I say more?

1 comment :

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.