Tuesday 2 August 2011

Still waiting

Posted by Rosie

For Charlotte the pig to give birth that is. OK, so originally I totally miscalculated my dates making her pregnancy only TWO months, 3 weeks and 3 days, not 3 months, 3 weeks and 3 days, but after a quick recount I reckoned she was due on July 28th. However, Simon has 5th Aug written down which is now looking more and more likely. Poor Charlotte - she's only a small pig and she's huge and is looking really fed up, especially in this hot weather. I am seriously wondering whether I should give her a curry and suggest she has a jog round the field to get things going!!

3 comments :

  1. Haha....I've done similar with the calculations before.

    Maud was one day early, which is quite rare for a pig, but she did have 15 piglets, so I don't blame her!!

    14 surviving up to now.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done Maud. Sorry to hear you lost one and good luck with the other 14. Still nothing here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I gave up on the 3 months, 3 weeks and 3 days calculations and worked it out as 16 calendar weeks instead. Much easier :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.