Sunday 11 May 2008

Wild Flower Walk


About 10 days ago I decided to lead a wild flower walk along the sunken lanes round here for anyone who might be interested in increasing their knowledge of the local flora (and preparing for it would make me learn some more flower species). I had hoped to do a circular walk but there were so many flowers to identify that we didn't even make it to the bottom road which is less that a third of the way round!! I'm not sure how many flowers we saw today but over the last week or so I have identified 76 flowers and trees. Several others I need to flower before I can work out what they are. In total 10 of us walked and talked flowers for a couple of hours, in glorious May sunshine, before relaxing in the garden for tea and cake - a most British way to finish a lovely afternoon in the French countryside. I am seriously considering doing another walk next year and hope I can get some french people along as well.

My French is coming along quite well but I need to move onto something more challenging by way of lessons. I have a couple of contacts but unfortunately the one which sounds better is about a 45 min drive from here, a bit too far. The boys are, of course, picking it up very quickly and even now sometimes chat to each other in French.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.