Monday 1 October 2018

Going Green #20 - Oct 2018


Welcome to Going Green.  This is the place to promote all your green, sustainable, environmental, seasonal, local, organic, fair trade, ethical etc posts ... basically any post that helps or inspires readers to preserve and improve our beautiful world.  If you are not sure what subjects would be good or need some ideas have a look here where you'll find all the details about the linky >>> Going Green Linky.

Please can you answer this quick question ... it will help me with a post I am writing:


E471 is an emulsifier and stabiliser found in some processed foods including some peanut butters.  Do you know what it is made from? If you don't know please say so.
Please answer WITHOUT first searching online.  If you want to search up afterwards and comment further then can you do so by sending me a message via my Facebook page.

Thank you!


My picks from Going Green Sept 2018


Thank you to everyone who linked up last month.  As ever there was a brilliant mix of green themed posts as you can see from the eclectic three that I am giving a special mention to this month - everything from whales to greenwashing and split jeans! You get it all on #GoingGreen:



Captive orca

 
  • Spot of the Earth wrote about a subject I find myself thinking about more and more these days - Greenwashing

What is greenwashing?


  • and Karen from The Mad House of Cats and Babies asked if it is not possible to buy new clothes, inspired, in part, by a Twitter conversation we had about aged jeans finally splitting too much to be decent to wear any more!

Fashionable split jeans
Image from GirlyGirlFashion




Please do head over and read these if you missed them last link up - they are all great posts.

Going Green is a subject I believe in with a passion I hope, that with your help, this little linky will go from strength to strength.  Please link up to 3 posts, old or new and let's work together to spread the word that Going Green is both important but also easy.  Please promote the linky on all your social media channels and amongst all your friends. Thank you 💚.

Before you link up may I just remind you of 3 of the "rules":

  • Link up a maximum of THREE posts - any more will be deleted (sorry)
  • Please can you include my badge (preferably) or a link back to A Green and Rosie Life.
  • This is a blog link so in order for us all to benefit please comment on a minimum of three other blogs in the link up, ideally including the one in front of you, one my host posts and one other ... the more you comment the more others are likely to visit your blog.

If you share your posts using the hashtag #GoingGreen and I will RT you etc.  I will also add posts with suitable vertical pins to my Going Green Linky board on Pinterest.

Need to find me on Social Media?  Here you go ...

Twitter | Facebook | Pinterest | Google + | Instagram

Thanks for visiting and I look forward to reading all your linked up green posts.





Instructions: Select all code above, copy it and paste it inside your blog post as HTML

If you are adding a post or popping in to read some can you please help me by replying to my question at the top of this post - many thanks:


13 comments :

  1. I don't know what E471 is, but am about to research it. ;-) Thank you for hosting this great party! -Marci @ Stone Cottage Adventures

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for hosting. I have joined in this month :)
    I don't know what E471 is either

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have no idea what E471 is but now I would love to find out more about it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. No idea what that e-number is. I've linked up 2 posts, the poster one isn't green living but hopefully green enough and I thought you'd like the French connection! Feel free to delete if not suitable. I'm on hols right now so will do a commenting catch up when home. Also can't comment on here as Kids of the Wild for some reason, it will only allow my Google profile

    ReplyDelete
  5. Had no idea. Thanks for continously bringing such important subjects to our attention. I'm enjoying your blog since learning about it a few months ago.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello, I enjoy reading all of your post. I wanted to write a
    little comment to support you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've no idea what that E number is! Though I do know there aren't any E numbers in the peanut butter I buy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have no idea what that is. It sounds like a secret military location, not an ingredient 😖

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Rosie,
    Thanks for hosting the wonderful blog every month. Loads of great information.
    I know I have heard and read about E471 but can't seem to remember what it is now. So I will have to look up. Have a healthy, happy & blessed month!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Another fantastic blog! I also don't know about the E Number!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is such a good idea! I have heard of E numbers and how they can affect our health.

    ReplyDelete
  12. thank you for including me, stumbled upon this by chance but so delighted to have found you guys :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great post this is. It was eye-opening to read about that E number, it's not one I have heard of!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.