I love growing tomatoes.
I love growing different varieties of tomatoes.
Which is why I appear to have ended up with 14 packets of tomato seeds this year!
My Tomatoes for 2016:
- Marmande - Large juicy red tomatoes which make great passata and tomato sauce
- Green Zebra - Yellow and green striped tomato with a thin skin and fabulous taste. Wonderful in salads
- Golden Sunrise - just like "normal" tomatoes but yellow and better tasting!
- Pomodoro - a very prolific cherry tomato from Italy
- Ananas (Pineapple) - a huge red and orange heritage tomato with which tastes divine
- Black Cherry - a burgundy coloured cherry tomato which crops for ages and tastes delicious
- Black Russian or Noire Russe - the bigger brother on Black Cherry
- Roma - an Italian plum tomato that crops well so long as you give it plenty of water. Fabuous for passata and sauces
- Costuluto Fiorentino - a new one for this year, a deeply ridged beefsteak ideal for slicing apparently.
- Brandywine - another new one producing large, thin-skinned fruits
- Coeur de Boeuf - large dark red heart shaped fruits
- Harbinger - a "normal" tomato without the best taste but crops very late. These were free seeds otherwise I may not have grown them this year.
- Yellow Poire - small pear-shaped yellow tomatoes - these have a slightly disappointing taste compared to some others I grow but look lovely in a salad and crop heavily late in the year when others have finished.
- Gardener's Delight - this year our Christmas crackers had seeds in them including these cherry tomato seeds so it would be shame not to plant them ... plus is stops me have a superstitious 13 varieties!
Do you grow tomatoes? Have you any varieties you could recommend to me for next year?