Monday 18 October 2021

Eco Blog Posts with a French Theme

Hello - I'm back!!  I've not published a blog on here since January but that doesn't mean I haven't been spreading the green message, I've just been doing it in different ways, which I'll come back to shortly.  But so many things were taking place in my life this year that something had to take a back seat and this blog, A Green and Rosie Life, drew the short straw.

BUT ... it doesn't mean I have not been blogging and I am still been publishing blogs over on our gite (French holiday cottage) blog.  Quite a few of these have an environmental theme so why not make/pour yourself a drink and settle down for a read of them:

My most recent post is the one written about something that has made me so happy - France is banning plastic packaging from all fresh fruit and veg and I smile every time I think about it. Read more about how they should achieve this and any problems they may encounter along the way: 

 
 

 
And these are the other eco-posts I have written:

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

As I said earlier, just because I  have not been blogging I have not been silent.  I have been busy joining in with discussions on various Facebook groups and I have used my Instagram page to promote green issues. The grid pictures are mostly about Normandy but often with an environmental theme and many of my stories focus on all things green. I am gradually adding the most important stories to my highlights.  Oh and I have a long list of draft blog posts and ideas and I just need to find the time to get them written and published.

You can also find me on Twitter and Pinterest

What have you been up to this year? I hope you have not been too badly affected by Covid and you are back to some semblance of normality (hopefully even more green than before). Have you got a blog you think I'd like to read? By all means add a link in the comments.


 


12 comments :

  1. It is great you are active in being eco friendly, I think many of us our turning more eco-friendly by the day and I for one am drawn to discussions on this

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and hopefully more and more people will be drawn into eco-discussions.

      Delete
  2. I have always enjoyed your blog and will have a read on some of your other eco-friendly posts

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like some great posts here. It is great to think more about being eco-friendly. I've started using reusable period products and they are much better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a great step - it's scary how much plastic three is in period products.

      Delete
  4. It's great to hear that France is banning plastic packaging. It's a shame that other countries don't hurry up and do the same.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree - we all need to push for supermarkets to eliminate plastic. It's always worth contacting them do demand change.

      Delete
  5. It's great France are doing that. I hope the UK will follow. There's so much unnecessary plastic at the supermarkets - e.g. why does a cucumber need wrapped?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely agree - it's awful. I am so proud to live in a country that has taken this step to eliminate plastic on fresh fruit and veg and hope other countries will follow suit.

      Delete
  6. I am trying to be more eco friendly and am recycling more and going plastic free where I can

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank your for sharing, these sound like great posts! It's so frustrating to see all that plastic in Uk supermarkets, I reeeeeeally hope they follow France's lead soon! x
    Em - www.earthlyem.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.