Sunday 3 November 2019

How to have the best ever Green Christmas


It can sometimes seem impossible to keep Christmas green when everywhere you turn the "spend spend spend" message is shoved in your face.  However I do feel that the greener message is beginning to get through with more and more people realising that we cannot keep spending on things we really don't need and we really must reduce how much we waste in all aspects of our lives.  Over the years I have been blogging I've written various blogs on how to celebrate Christmas whilst staying true to my green roots and as my present to you this upcoming festive season I've put them all together in this round-up:

Green Christmas tips




Happy GREEN Christmas


Presents


Green Christmas Present Ideas - The Ultimate List

7 Green Christmas Present Ideas

Decorations


8 Christmas decoration ideas using natural materials

6 ways to make your Christmas jumper "green"

Food


7 Foods in season at Christmas

Waste


Generally


The Ultimate Collection of Green Christmas Ideas 

I'd be happy to include more Green Christmas blogs in this round up so if you have a post you'd like me to add either drop details in a comment or drop me an email me here.

So how are you planning to celebrate Christmas whilst also keeping it green?





3 comments :

  1. Yup, Christmas seems to be the time of the year when a lot of otherwise sensible people throw all caution (and well established habits) to the wind and go all out plastic, glitter, throw-away stuff... #goinggreen

    ReplyDelete
  2. My family has found that we enjoy Christmas MORE when we do it in a less wasteful way! The only really resource-intensive part of our celebration that remains is the airplane tickets--my parents and brother live about 1,400 miles from me, and we do like to get together at least once a year, but we don't always have time to travel by train or car.

    I have several green Christmas posts I'd love to share:
    We made our own artificial Christmas tree, mostly from reused materials.
    Many ideas for low-waste gift wrap, reusing packaging, and avoiding disposable stuff.
    How to make Christmas morning last longer--thus getting more joy out of fewer gifts!
    Practical stocking stuffers instead of wasteful silliness!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made a decision a long time ago not to buy anymore christmas decorations, unless they were handmade or upcycled. I always buy clothes for the kids, toiletries for the adults and our grown up kids get money to spend as they choose #goinggreen

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.