Tuesday 8 November 2011

Not Very Handy!

View on One of my Walks
I'm now, hopefully, half way through my laid up period.  The hand seems to be healing.  The stitches have been taken out and the cut, again, seems to be healing.  We were told that the bone should take about 3 weeks to repair but it is the tendon that takes the time. As I cannot see either of the bone or tendon it is a case of wait for the x-ray and then see.  This will be on the 22nd November.

So what have I been doing?  Well not much, hence why I haven't written any posts. The first week I couldn't and didn't actually want to do much and when I did I was absolutely knackered afterwards.  I'd walk the dog, sleep.  Have a bath, sleep and so it went on.

Since then I have been able to do more (not just sleeping), but my main occupations have been walking the dogs and reading.  And I've done a lot of reading in the last couple of weeks.  My main reading material has been all seven of the Harry Potter books - which is something I've been wanting to do for ages (plus I've watched 4 of the films now).  I did start reading the books years ago but didn't have the time for them and wasn't sure if I was enjoying them that much.  Now I have had the time to do them justice and really enjoyed them.

Now I am able to do more small chores around the place plus I am now getting a bit bored and my job list is not getting any shorter - at all.  I did add to it 'Read the Harry Potter Books' and I can now cross that off my list - not sure adding this to my list was really allowed though!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.