Friday 22 May 2009

Reasons to visit Lénault in May - Part 2

Posted by Rosie

Walking.

It is possible to walk straight from our garden onto public footpaths which radiate out in all directions giving anyone interested in walking a large choice of routes. Turn right out of the gate and you drop down into the valley, under the shade of hazel trees alongside the stream. Turn left and a more open walk takes you across farmland with the typical Normandy mixture of arable, orchard and grass. Onward and you can choose woodlands, villages and riverside paths, the choice is yours.

Of course, the paths are there all year round but I think May is when they really are in their prime. The trees are in full leaf, the hawthorns are in blossom and the verges are packed full of wild flowers, ferns and insects. Although the bluebells, cowslips and early purple orchids are all but over for this year, everyday I seem to see a different new flower. I didn't have my camera with me today for the yellow archangel and unknown small vetch (note to self - go and find Wild Flower Book!) but I had snapped these earlier in the month. Not the best of photos, I know, but I need some-one to show me how to take close-ups. Maybe I'll have a go tomorrow and try and get a picture of the vetch, it's very small but a fantastic colour.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.