As we move through August there is a very slight hint of Autumn in the air: the nights are a touch cooler, darkness falls a bit earlier and a few leaves are showing some Autumn colour. Autumn is a great time to visit Eco-Gites of Lenault in Normandy this Autumn and here are some reasons why.
1. Often September days are lovely and warm here in Normandy and we usually get some good beaches visits during the month ... sometimes we even get hot weather in October as happened in 2011:
|Ouistreham beach - October 2011|
2.If the nights (or days) do turn a bit chilly the wood burner in the gite will keep you warm and cosy and there's a fire-guard if you need to keep little ones safe. Snuggle up with a glass of wine and a good book, watch a film or play a board game.
|The woodburner to keep you cosy|
3. Most attractions are open and will be much quieter, so no long queues to get in or buy an ice-cream! Bayeux, Mont St Michel, the D-Day Landing Beaches and Museums, Falaise Castle, Jurques Zoo, local art galleries and museums (the list goes on) are all within easy reach of the gite. (Please note some attractions may have limited opening times).
4. There are plenty of special events, boot fairs, brocantes, festivals and one off activities to attend with more details here.
5. You can go blackberry picking along the footpaths that start straight from our gate - great for crumbles, pies and jam but should you choose not to make jam we have plenty for sale. If the blackberries are finished there are sloes for sloe gin, hazelnuts and sweet chestnuts to find.
|Blackberry crumble anyone?|
6. The countryside looks wonderful in Autumn - why not have a look at our Normandy in Autumn Pinterest Board. Think fabulous leaf colours, orchards laden with apples and morning mist hanging in the valleys!
7. Finally, we have availability from now until October 17th 2015and Oct 31st to December 27th 2015 so there's still time to bag an Autumn holiday at Eco-Gites of Lenault. Prices start from just £350 per week with short breaks possible. We can also give you a code to get 20% off with Brittany Ferries crossings and offer 15% off if just 1 or 2 people stay (which can include a cot sleeping infant). The gite sleeps 5 plus a baby.
or Telephone 0033 231 09 27 51 (up to 8pm UK/9pm French time please)