Every year I await with great eagerness as the first small fruit swell at what seems such a slovenly rate and then - BOOM - such a short time later you are suddenly drowning in courgettes accompanied by howls of "Not more courgettes" from the boys at every meal! If that is you or you simply fancy ringing the courgette changes here are some recipe you might like to try .... and one additional use for these summer beauties.
10 Cracking Courgette Recipes
1. Cheesy Courgette Omelette from Camilla at Fab Food 4 All is a courgette variation on a simple recipe that is so quick to prepare.
|Image from Fab Food 4 All|
2. Courgette Loaf from Vicky at Homegrown and Foraged which is lovely sliced, toasted and served with melted butter.
|Image from Homegrown and Foraged|
3. Courgette Spaghetti from Angela at Days in Bed makes a lovely change from normal pasta:
|Image from Days in Bed|
4. Creamy courgette and mushroom gratin from Nicky at Nicky Kyle Gardening is so easy she reckons children can make this.
|Image from Nicky Kyle Gardening|
5. Courgette Pickle/Relish from Kate at Country Skills for Modern Life is an unusual relish you can enjoy all year.
|Image from Country Skills for Modern Life|
|Image from Quirky Kook|
7. Courgette and Tomato Quiche from Cheryl at Madhouse Family Reviews is so easy to make and quiches can be frozen for later.
|Image from Madhouse Family Reviews|
8. Broad Bean and Courgette Soup with Gouda from Elizabeth at Elizabeth's Kitchen Diary is a lovely warming soup ideal for when autumn arrives.
|Image from Elizabeth's Kitchen Diary|
9. Chilli Courgette Pickle from me! You can vary the heat of this pickle according to how hot you like your food but for us, the more chilli the better!
10. Courgettes for cats with constipation. OK so not a recipe at all but I wanted to include this as it has been such a benefit for our old cat who has failing kidneys and constipation and it has meant we have not had to resort to more medicine for him.
Have you got a mountain of courgettes to work through or any more recipes we might like to try? I have added them to chocolate cake before (but not yet blogged about it) - do you have any courgette cake recipes?