Tuesday 25 November 2008

Now I'm back too with ...

Posted by Rosie

After 6 days in England I am back to France complete with:

  • 2 new pairs of glasses (which wiped out any money I had earned!)
  • A cold (probably from one of the 290 children I worked with whilst I was there)
  • A huge box of puzzles I had bought and had sent to Mum's - Tom is the real puzzle buff and is loving the 500 piece ones and with help, Ben is getting the 200 piece one done.
  • A box of books I had had as a child and Mum had found when sorting out. That was a real trip down Memory Lane and now the boys are enjoying the delights of "Captain William Walrus", "Babar" and umpteen books on dinosaurs and animals.
  • A good supply of cheddar - Simon and I love French cheese and we are slowly finding ones the boys will eat. All too often through we get "That's too smelly!" and anyway nothing beats cheddar for a toastie does it?
  • A lovely new mixing bowl and pie dish (Thanks Pat)
  • Various Christmas presents
  • Blank cards to make into Christmas cards - which looking at the date I MUST get on with very soon.
  • Scooby Doo stickers (vital unless I wanted the boys to lynch me)

All that and I survived Bluewater Shopping Centre, the M25, a trip down to a rather wet and windy Exmoor and driving on the other side of the road. I got to catch up with loads of friends such that K and D, where I stayed hardly ever saw me. It was great fun but very tiring and I'm glad to be back to the peace and quiet of France and these two rather mucky individuals......





1 comment :

  1. Welcome back! I am glad you had a good ( if frantic!) time....

    btw I have tagged you for a Green Meme....details on my blog :-))

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.