Up until this week the boys had a large paddling pool which kept them cool and occupied in hot weather and which Tom blogged about here. Sadly though, it has sprung 2 leaks and whilst we were able to fix one the other has proved to be fatal. We are on the lookout for a new pool but in the meantime Plan B has been put into action:
Ingredients for Plan B
- Children, preferably in swimming costumes
- One hoepipe
- Water pistols
- Numerous bottles, pans and other water holding utensils
- Hedge to hide behind/attack from (optional)
- Plants nearby to be watered (optional)
- Remove all washing from clothes line
- Switch on tap
- Watch from a safe distance!
Do you have any interesting or unusual ways that your children keep cool in hot weather?