Monday 2 October 2017

Going Green #11 - Oct 2017


Welcome to Going Green.  This is the place to promote all your green, sustainable, environmental, seasonal, local, organic, fair trade, ethical etc posts ... basically any post that helps or inspires readers to preserve and improve our beautiful world.  If you are not sure what posts would be good or need some ideas have a look here where you'll find all the details about the linky >>> Going Green Linky.

Some questions about organic food - Why do you buy it?


I have written a couple of blogs this month ("Am I really Green Because ... " and "When Organic food may not be the best choice") looking at the environmental choices we may all make, asking if we actually make the best choice every time.  I would like to take one aspect of these blogs a bit further and for that I need you help.  Could you therefore answer the following for me:

Do you buy organic food? 


  • If yes what is the main reason why.
  • If no - why not?

If yes would you buy organic food if it...

1. Was packaged in plastic?
2. Contained palm oil?
3. Was not produced locally?

Thank you and please do pop your answers in a comment below.

Why do you buy organic food?


My picks from Going Green September 2017


Thank you to everyone who linked up last month and it is lovely to see so many bloggers adding green posts - together we can spread our message far and wide! These are my favourite picks for September:

15 great autumn recipes

  • Homemade vegetable masks for glowing skin from Marla at Organic 4 Green Living - and how much better these must be for you than some of the toxin filled manufactured masks available to buy - and cheaper too!
Fabulous vegetable face mask recipes
Ingredients for bio-fermenting for plants

Going Green is a subject I believe in with a passion I hope, that with your help, this little linky will go from strength to strength.  Please link up to 3 posts, old or new and let's work together to spread the word that Going Green is both important but also easy.  Please promote the linky on all your social media channels and amongst all your friends. Thank you 💚.

Before you link up may I just remind you of 3 of the "rules":

  • Link up a maximum of THREE posts - any more will be deleted (sorry)
  • Please can you include my badge (preferably) or a link back to A Green and Rosie Life.
  • This is a blog link so in order for us all to benefit please comment on a minimum of three other blogs in the link up, ideally including the one in front of you, one my host posts and one other ... the more you comment the more others are likely to visit your blog.

If you share your posts using the hashtag #GoingGreenLinky and I will RT you etc.  I will also add posts with suitabe vertical pins to my Going Green Linky board on Pinterest.

Need to find me on Social Media?  Here you go ...

Twitter | Facebook | Pinterest | Google + | Instagram

Thanks for visiting and I look forward to reading all your linked up green posts.

A Green and Rosie Life






4 comments :

  1. Hi Rosie,
    Thank you so much for featuring my article on "Homemade Vegetable Face Masks for Glowing Skin!" I truly appreciate it and feel honored. Thanks for hosting this great linky party every month.
    This month I have shared "All You Need To Know About GMOS!" & "The Latest News About Phthalates!" & "How to Plan and Plant a Medicinal Herb Garden!"
    Have a healthy, happy, green and blessed month!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for featuring my "Beer for plants" post. I am working on the results post at the moment, it should be out soon. I will be sure to add it to the November Going Green Linky.

    ReplyDelete
  3. In answer to your question about why I buy organic (and I know where you got the idea to ask too!!!) I think I started out buying for health reasons, to avoid chemicals in my kids' food and more recently have been considering the impact on the environment more.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.