If you are a dog owner you obviously know you that yourself and Fido is quite possibly right by your side now - your faithful four-legged friend. But how else do you (and others) know you own a dog? The signs are there!
6 signs you own a dog
1. Your pocketsEvery pocket of every coat (and more) will contain a motley collection of dog biscuits and quite probably a piece of string or similar item to be used as as emergency lead.
2. You never pee aloneWhat is it with dogs and toilets? Harry is the worst culprit for this. When I am home alone I don't always feel the need to shut the toilet door and you'll find his piecing eyes staring intently at you when you have to go. Maybe he thinks he is missing out on something but I can assure him he's not. It doesn't make any difference, though, and he'll be there next time unless I shut the door.
3. No food item left unattended will is safeWell that will be the case if you have a dog called Saari ... and it's not just human food that she considers fair game:
4. You spell wordsYou know, those words that dogs are hard-wired to understand:
Have the dogs had a W.A.L.K. yet?
What time is D.I.N.N.E.R.?
I'll ring the V.E.T. later today
5. There will be dog hairs everywhereNow Harry and Saari are not allowed upstairs, although Saari will sneak up for a Sunday morning slobbery kiss if some-one leaves the door open downstairs, but that is rare. So why are there dogs hairs in every room and even the loft room where the dogs NEVER go?!
6. You live with various degrees of bad smells:
General dog smells
Considerably worse wet dog smells
I've just rolled in fox/badger/cow poo smells
I've just eaten fox/badger/cow poo and now have vile smelling breath (and it's Sunday so I've snook upstairs and am giving you a slobbery kiss!)
I've just eat fox/badger/cow poo and now I am farting like a .... well, like a dog that has just eaten fox/badger/cow poo.
See, I told you, the signs are there. Are you a dog owner? Have you any more signs that indicate the presence of a canine friend in your life?
For more dog and general animal blog posts why not hop over to the Animal Tales blog linky (open from Tues to Friday every week) and have a read of some great animal tales.