Last summer the Donna and her family visited us for the second time and kindly said they would do an interview for a blog .... I finally got some questions sorted out and here is what Donna had to say.
1. Tell us a bit about your family
There are now 4 of us, myself and Neil who have been married for 6 years, and Alice (3½ and Daniel, 18 months).
|Donna and family|
2. Have your holidays changed since having children?
Definitely! we used to go on a lot of holidays, last minute and wherever took our fancy. Now we have to plan ahead, check facilities, travel times and make sure that wherever we go is suitable for our young family. Not a relaxing process as perhaps it used to be.
3. What advice would you give anyone heading off on holiday with babies or toddlers?
Do your research! Spend time making sure that wherever you are going as the facilities that you and your family needs. There's nothing worse than a long journey with children only to discover that you aren't going to be able to relax on your holiday.
4. What have been your favourite places to visit in Normandy and why?
Honfleur (perhaps more before the children), but it does have a lovely butterfly garden to visit. The zoo at Jurques, Bayeux and Caen markets are nice. Carbourg has lovely cake shops and a nice walk along the beach.
5. What do you miss most from home when you are on holiday?
Knowing that the house is completely kid proofed! When you are on holiday you can never relaxed completely as you are aware of dangers / things they can break etc.
6. OK let's dream for a while. Unlimited budget - where would you go?
For me personally, China, but that's not really child friendly. For a family holiday I guess Disney or something child focussed.
7. You have visited Eco-Gites of Lenault twice now. What was it that made you come back for a second visit?
The fact that everything you need for children is there, I don't need to think about taking high chairs, cots, toys and books etc. It's in a great setting, that the children love and they can run freely around and I know they are safe.
|Toys at Eco-Gites of Lenault|
8. Finally - red, white or rosé?
Thank you so much Donna for taking the time to do this little interview. If you have visited us at Eco-Gites of Lenault and would like to do an interview please do get in touch. You could also write your own blog post like Cheryl did.