So, I am nearing the end of my home alone week (actually it was 10 days) so I suppose I ought to see how I got on with my "Home Alone for a week [10 days] List".
1. Grand spring clean of the houseI started well then other things got in the way* but if I am OK tomorrow I should be able to tackle the last bedroom and give the kitchen a quick once over. Very quick!
|Clean and tidy front room|
2. Sort the dreaded food cupboardOops - foodie explorations will have to wait for another day unless I feel totally inspired on Sunday.
3. GardeningDealing with seed stealing mice was discussed at length with a friend and strategies have been set out. An old fridge, traps and storage boxes will all feature in the war against mice. In other news I did get some gardening done but other stuff* got in the way of more!
4. Make some pickle and jamAnother fail here but this might be a more appealing option than clearing the food cupboard ... or in fact I could combine the two on Sunday.
5. Investigate using Hootsuite or TweetdeckFail but I did make use of Twuffer this week. (that's a way of scheduling tweets for you non twittery readers).
6. Sort the gite toys and gamesI did some but have more to do.
7. Get some extra blogs writtenI've got a few notes and ideas down so that counts as a start.
8. De-clutter my bookmarksYes .... well some of them anyway ;)
9. Make a date and walnut cakeNope but I did make oat cookies and meringues.
10. Catch up with friendsYes which partly explains why I got behind on other things on this list.
* So what were the other things that got in the way?
1. Gite BookingWe got a late booking in the gite so that needed preparing, ironing needed doing and the outside garden area cleared up AS THE BOYS HAD FAILED TO DO THIS BEFORE THEY WENT SKIING. Yes, I was a little miffed about the latter ...did you notice?
2. Hospital tripNo not for me but I needed to help translate for a friend who needs a big operation and the whole thing took rather a long time.
3. Trip to the osteopathYes this one was for me and my back was a right mess. That sort of put paid to gardening for a while.
4. Extra dogs and animals to feedI had forgotten when I wrote the post that I would be dog sitting a friend's dogs for half the week and also feeding her animals. That all took extra time.
All in all though I reckon that counts as a three quarters success rate. The days have certainly flown by and it'll be good to have the boys and Simon back on Sunday .... although it may possibly be messier! And anyway - I didn't want to spend ALL my time cleaning did I? ...