Simon and the boys are off skiing for the week and I am home alone ... something I actually quite look forward to. You know, no need to fight over the remote or the duvet, eat what you want, when you want and have the chance to get caught up on lots of things. And for that end I need a list. Whilst they are risking life and limb on the ski slopes I shall be a busy bee back in Normandy:
1. Grand spring clean of the houseAll rooms are to get a proper clean and maybe even some de-cluttering on the way. I know then that for a few days at least, the house will stay tidier than normal.
2. Sort the dreaded food cupboardIt's one of those awful corner cupboards where you can't really reach the back and I am sure there is stuff in there from when we moved to France over 7 years ago. This week I will finally tackle it and then aim to eat up all those obscure things I find lurking there-in.
|"That" food cupboard|
3. GardeningThe weather isn't looking too bad for the week so I need to get on with things that I have not been able to do earlier in the year. This includes coming up with a way to stop those pesky mice stealing the beans I keep sowing. Any ideas?
4. Make some pickle and jamI have some green tomatoes ready chopped in the freezer waiting to be made into chutney and plenty of fruit for jam. On a recent rummage I also found some old rhubarb that will be perfect to make into cordial ready for the warmer weather. I feel a morning of making preserves and listening to Radio 4 is called for.
5. Investigate using Hootsuite or TweetdeckI need to get more organised and using one of these might help. Do use use either or which would you recommend?
6. Sort the gite toys and gamesSome are looking a bit tired but as a pre-requisite of the boys going skiing was to sort through their rooms and take out unwanted toys and games, I now have some new (second-hand) things that can go to the gite.
7. Get some extra blogs writtenIt would be nice to get down in print some of the ideas that are swirling round my head.
8. De-clutter my bookmarksThere are far too many and I reckon I don't need most of them. They will go!
9. Make a date and walnut cakeThe boys and Simon aren't keen and this is one of my favourites. It'll be mine, all mine ... although I may take some with me when I:
10. Catch up with friendsIt's not all work though and I intend catching up with lots of friends for gossip over a cuppa and maybe a slice of date and walnut cake.
I am also dog-sitting a couple of dogs, have promised Saari and Harry some extra long walks and have all the animals to do as normal. Hmm, I reckon I might be busy this week.