Tuesday 27 January 2015

Animal Tales - 9

 Posted by Rosie

Welcome to Animal Tales, the blog linky that brings together all sorts of animal blog posts.  It runs from Tuesday morning thought to Friday night and showcases a wide range of animal related posts.  

This week we woke to snow one morning and it was probably the first time Harry had seen snow as this region had none last year.  He loved it!  Saari, being half Husky, also loves the snow so the two had great fun playing out in it.


Early morning play in the snow

Piglet update


I posted a piglet picture on Sunday as I needed a photo for an advert and thought it was so cute I should share it.  6 piglets are now sold and we are left with just 2 boys.  It's always a bit sad to see them go but we know we don't have the space to keep all of them.  Even with the numbers we have got it has meant a lot of rearranging of pig pens to make sure everyone is in suitable winter quarters.  Coco the sow is rather lean after feeding 8 hungry piglets for 8 weeks and in need of extra rations so was put in her own pen with a grassy outdoor enclosure.  She could have done without trying to get out mind you and emergency fence repairs were needed on Sunday.

Thank you everyone who joined in with the linky last week.  Travel with Intent gave us a very interesting post on the carrier pigeons who played such an important role in the wars and I will be saving Purfylle's tips for looking after animals in the heat for when the temperature warms up this summer.

Feel free to come and add your animal related posts to the linky below.  The posts can be old or new and as varied as the animals who we share our world with.  There's a Pinterest Board with pictures from all the linked blogs which you can see here and if you tweet with the hashtag #AnimalTales I'll retweet you.  Just give me a nudge if I appear to have forgotten you.

Full details of the linky can be found here and once again can I remind people to comment on a few of the others who link up.  It's only polite and keeps the thing working!






10 comments :

  1. Keeping everybody housed properly can be quite the challenge. I don't know how you manage it all. I guess mama pig was just so pleased with the freedom of not having little piggies under foot that she wanted to really exploit that freedom to the fullest.

    Thanks so much for the special mention :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Possibly more a case of Coco is actually a very grumpy pig who always thinks grass is greener on the other side of the fence. We have now moved the pigs around again so she is back in her original pen, having started to trash the grass in her lovely new pen. Her 2 remaining piglets are in there and hopefully being smaller they wont make such a mess.

      Delete
  2. BTW blogger has broken your pinterst link - you can edit it manually though from html view.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Which one are you trying? They all work for me as far as I can see,

      Delete
  3. I do like this challenge / meme. I'm trying to link in a post from my phone but it keeps failing. I'll try again later when I'm on my laptop. In the meantime here is the link: simonstown/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for letting me know about your linky. The picture that you shared last week of the piglets was so cute x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A pleasure and glad you could join. The piglets are cute now but give the a few months and they'll be big enough to bowl me over in the mud!

      Delete
  5. Thanks for letting me know about this linky, it's a great idea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pleased you like the idea, Ashley - and I love your bird photos, they are stunning.

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.