February and March may not be your first choice as a time to visit Normandy for a holiday but let me take just as little time to explain why it might actually be a very good idea.
1. Prices are reducedOur low season prices mean you can stay in the gite for just £350 for a week including electricity, gas and firewood. We are happy to take short breaks at this time and a 3 night break is only £225. Furthermore if just two of you stay we will reduce this price by 15% and you can bring a cot sleeping infant without losing this offer. This includes the week commencing February 14th which is Valentine's Day. For those with school aged children this week is our only remaining week in English school holidays until Christmas.
2. The weatherHow often do people complain how miserable the weather is. OK, so we can't guarantee it won't be any better here but there are advantages to that - there will be a different view to look at even when it is raining (does yours currently include a goat or some ducks?) and when there is a break in the clouds you can head straight out on a walk with an extensive footpath network starting right at our back gate. And if you are stuck indoors you can snuggle up in front of the fire with your favourite beverage whilst you read or play games with no chance at all feeling guilty that you are totally relaxing!
3. Something to look forward to very soonJanuary can be a miserable month. The summer holidays seem such a long way off, Christmas is just a memory and you really could do with something to cheer you up. Wouldn't a trip to France be just the thing to banish some of those January Blues?
4. Piglets and lambsWe have piglets. Need I say more? And the lambs are starting to appear already around the countryside. Who doesn't love a field full of lambs?
5. What to doMost of the main tourist attractions will be open and everywhere will be quieter. You'll have Falaise Castle almost to yourself, I bet you won't have to queue to see the Bayeux Tapestry whilst the cobbled and narrow streets of Le Mont St Michel will be less crowded. If the weather does stay wet during your stay and you have come with toddlers who need to run off some energy you can visit one of the soft play areas where they can run around until they wear themselves out. There are also plenty of events and exhibitions happening and here are some links with details of things going on in February and March.
For further details visit our website here
Or email us by clicking here.