Wednesday 31 December 2014

The New Year Tag

Posted by Rosie

I have been tagged by Aby over at You Baby Me Mummy in ‘The New Year Tag’.  I get to answer a few questions and then tag some other bloggers.  So here we go:




What was your highlight of 2014?


Growing cauliflowers - well not just cauliflowers but loads of fruit and veg and rearing animals to fill our freezers.  We managed to keep all our animals alive and only lost one turkey before they took the inevitable one way journey to the freezer.  When you realise sheep and turkeys have a terrible habit of dropping dead at will you'll understand how this was our highlight of the year!  Renting out the gite for 22 weeks of the year was pretty good too :)


What are you excited for in 2015?


I think continuing to see the popularity of the gite grow. We have never taken so many bookings before New Year so fingers crossed we will fill many more weeks! Oh and growing more cauliflowers!


Any new year resolutions?


What, besides growing more cauliflowers?  I'm not very good at New Year Resolutions so I think I'll give this one a miss.


Blogging high?


Being featured in The Guardian as Sustainable Blog of the Week - that was pretty good!


Picture of the year?


Oh dear - I've taken loads but I do think this one was a particular favourite.  Friends who we had not seen for several years were visiting from Australia - the weather was fabulous - much vin rouge (and blanc and rosé) was imbibed and we had a brilliant time ... and now they've only gone and moved further away to New Zealand!  Cheers from Eco-Gites of Lenault.




Here are my tags:


Nicky from Colour it Green

Phoebe from Lou Messugo

Jane from Hedgecomers

Emma from Mommy Emu

Let me know if you want to play too as I am basically nosy and I would love to see your answers!
 

4 comments :

  1. Aww, thanks for the tag :) And well done on only losing one turkey!
    Wishing you the happiest and healthiest of New Years and here's to another year of cauli's!
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw what a lovely lifestyle you lead over there. I love the wine photo. And congratulations on featuring in the guardian, amazing! All the best for 2015.x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the tag Rosie, I'll give it a go in the new year, so you can have your fill of "nosey"!!! Bonne année to you and your boys!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wishing you just as much success and happiness in 2015, and just like your favourite photo of the year says,,,,"Cheers" :) Happy New Year to you all x

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.