adjective - costing a lot of money
This has been an expensive week and with each passing day we have got to hear the ching ching of the proverbial cash till and there is still more to spend out on.
- We have had an intermittent electric fault so needed to call out the electrician ... although in fairness this was cheaper than having to buy a new washing machine which was what we thought was at fault - ching ching!
- Poppy, our lovely Black Labrador, had to have an operation to have 2 lumps removed and the lumps analysed - ching ching!
- The lid fell off the medicine Henry the cat has to have and we lost a good chunk of the 28€ liquid that was inside it - ching ching!
- We have had to pay for the boys' after school activities - athletics, music theory, saxophone and rugby - ching ching!
- There have been more school supplies to buy - ching ching!
- Ben needs new rugby boots and Tom needs new running shoes - ching ching!
- Both our gas bottle and the one in the gite ran out - ching ching!
- The mower is playing up and will need to go to the mower repairman - ching ching!