Friday 13 June 2014

Word of the Week - Condé-sur-Noireau

Posted by Rosie

The Reading Residence

Condé-sur-Noireau

Proper noun

Small town in Calvados about 13kms from Eco-Gites of Lenault 




Choosing a town as my word of the week might seem a bit odd but if I tell you that in the last week I have been there almost every day I think you'll see why I chose it.  

Sat - I collected Ben from his rugby tournament in Flers ... which you have to drive through Condé- sur-Noireau to get to.


Mon - It was a French bank holiday but Tom's sax teacher had arranged an extra lesson for him in Condé-sur-Noireau.


Tues - Tom finished lessons extra early so rather than wait to get the bus I collected him from school in Condé-sur-Noireau.


Wed - Tom starts school late on Wednesday so I take him and a friend in late to give them a lie in. Bonjour Condé-sur-Noireau.

Thurs * - Tom needed collecting from his sax lesson in Condé-sur-Noireau and then we returned 2 hours later for his choir and theatre recital in Condé-sur-Noireau.

Fri - if you are reading this on Friday morning I am not at Eco-Gites of Lenault, I am in Condé-sur-Noireau at the school sorting out paperwork for Ben to start there in September.   

Sat - I will be going through Condé-sur-Noireau twice as I take and collect Tom from an athletics tournament.  

Condé-sur-Noireau, Calvados, France

Now do you see why my word of the week is Condé-sur-Noireau?  There are however 2 saving graces.  One is the route there is really lovely along the river valley and the second is I get to go past Le Château de Pontécoulant which was my Silent Sunday picture

Is there somewhere you have been loads that could be your Word of the Week?


* I usually also go to market in Condé-sur-Noireau on a Thursday morning but I just couldn't face it this week.  I'll be back there next week though!

4 comments :

  1. Love it-mother things we do for our children! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks a lovely place! Just as well since you've been there so much x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a non stop week!
    #WOTW
    Lucas

    ReplyDelete
  4. The word makes perfect sense now! Busy week, good job it's so pretty :) Thanks for sharing with #WotW

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.