Seven years ago today, June 21st 2007, we brought the boys over to France to see for the first time, the place that was going to be their new home.
They were rather small:
And the house and gite to be were rather different:
|Our house then|
|The gite to be|
On that day, for the first time, we allowed the boys to head off for a short walk in an unknown place, totally on their own, down the public footpath that leads from our back gate. We told them to stay together, to not go far and to not be too long. It seemed like an absolute age that they were gone but they came back safe and sound and agreed they would like to live here! It was the beginning of a great seven years.
In those 7 years they have had a wonderful time here at Eco-Gites of Lenault. They have:
- seen animals mate (playing trains as it was known back then!), be born and die;
- held new born animals;
- eaten the freshest of fruit and veg from our own garden;
- eaten meat from animals we have reared;
- had more freedom than they could ever have had back in Kent;
- met with hundreds of guests and volunteer helpers from countries all over the world who have visited or stayed here;
- made dens, collected more sticks and climbed more trees than you could think possible;
- messed around in the stream;
- got muddy on a regular basis - very muddy!
- seen red squirrels, deer, hares and buzzards etc on a regular basis and
- become bilingual!
I wonder what the next seven years will hold?
|A place to call home|