I do like to pop into a garden centre when I am in England and this time I thought I had missed the chance as when I passed one I just did not have the time to call in. I then missed the turning for the one in Salisbury on the way to the port so I thought I was scuppered. However I was given one more chance and found one just before the motorway, which is just as well because whilst other ladies have a thing about shoes or handbags or suchlike I have a thing about seeds!
|Stocking up on seeds|
As I am already fairly well stocked I was actually quite restrained on my purchases and just bought:
- Purple Mangetout - because they are so much easier to find when harvesting compared to green ones
- Cavolo Nero - because it's hard to find here in France
- Purple Sprouting Broccoli - because you cannot get that here at all
- Calabrese - just because I may not have seeds already and it did really well overwinter in the polytunnel this year.
- Black and White Kidney Beans - because I have a bit of a thing about different beans and these look great
- Climbing flat yellow beans - because a friend had bought some for me and then forgot to bring them when we met up!
Oh and I also bought another mystery plant to test your horticultural knowledge. Any ideas what this plant is? No name clues this time Mrs Peanut Lady aka Annie aka Mammasaurus!
|Another Mystery Plant|
In the meantime why not pop over to Mammasausus's How Does Your Garden Grow linky and see what other gardening folk have been up to this week.