Friday 30 April 2010

Chimney and Forest Walk

Posted by Simon

Work on the gite is progressing quite well and, although, Rosie is wishing for rain I'm not, as I have a hole in the roof where the chimney stack has gone through. The roof surrounding the chimney is covered in plastic at the moment but still I'd rather the rain stays away.

I have finished tiling the bathroom walls and this evening started on the floor. I have been putting on the walls, in the other rooms, a type of paper which will then be painted. I hope this will protect the walls better plus I think it makes a better job and hides a multitude of sins - not that there are any of course!

It has been a lot of work but we did all get out for a lovely afternoon walk, the other day, in the ForĂȘt Domaniale de Valcongrain. There were many wild flowers growing and bilberry bushes in flower. The leaves were just coming out and the boys had great fun searching for pine cones. I won the competition for finding the biggest cone but Ben found the nicest cone and Tom 6 different species. The forest is a 10 minute drive from us and there are marked trails for walkers, horse riders and mountain biking.

The dogs also had a great run round although Saari could not understand why she was not allowed in when we got home - and I've still the car to clean out. Why couldn't she shake before getting in the car?

And I'm hopefully off to the UK next week to collect the kitchen - Jon and Ally finally got home late Saturday night. Only a stressful week late.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.