Thursday 11 February 2010

Famous Last Words

Posted by Simon

Yesterday we had some snow and sleet showers on and off most of the day, but it was quite wet and only settled a little then disappeared, before the next shower. An ever hopeful Ben, said we are going to get loads more snow but I said 'No chance, it's too wet, and we are not forecast anything but light snow and rain showers'.

In the evening I worked late in the gite and when I came out I was taken by surprise and nearly slipped on a couple of centimetres, but it was a starry night so I thought there would be no more snow.

Well this morning I was woken up by Ben saying ' I told you there would be snow and I'm right'. And he was. Overnight we had had 15 to 20cms (6 to 8 inches). This was nearly as much snow in one hit as we had the last time.

Feeding the animals this morning was a trudge. Finding feed trays and buckets was near on impossible, but all the animals were fine and the little piglets decided the best thing to do is to snuggle down in the hay.

And of course the boys are off school again and enjoying themselves playing in the snow.

1 comment :

  1. Absolutely love the piglets in the hay photo. If you would like to exchange blog links would love to feature your blog on the Gofarmer Blog.

    Rachel
    Gofarmer.com

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.